Right, 2019 is all about making sure your website is ready for “Okay, Google”, “Alexa,…” or “Siri,…” voice search results. The voice search metrics are ground-breaking and will impact on marketers in the future. However, today, they are causing ripples.
Google has already announced that 20% of its entire mobile search queries are voice search-based. TechCrunch, forgive the pun, crunched the data for 2018 voice tech-sales and found that 1 in 6 Americans now own a smart speaker device. ComScore argues, that by 2020, 50% of all search queries will be executed through voice-based tech.
There are basic ways you can start to improve your voice search query result accessibility even in these early days. Researchers have already found that 75% of smart-speaker owners use the device to search for local SME businesses – therefore making your website and sales channel process, voice search ready, is crucially important to help drive new sales in 2019. Try and aim for featured snippets … here’s what you can do :
– Find common questions on your chosen subject via a service like ‘Answer the Public‘. Use this information as the root of your content. Include the question (as an H2 html tag), and answer it in the main body text below it.
– Create unique local content that is original, useful and insightful.
– Make sure your website is HTTPS ready – secure website credentials are central to being picked by Google or Amazon’s search engine bots.
– Invest in good hosting tech – the faster the page uploads the more optimal the site is for voice search results.
– Your content needs to be short, snappy and to the point. People want information fast!